Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekly Finds

My cheap cool crap finder superhero powers were in superb form this last week. On Thursday night my powers told me it was time to get out of the house for a bit. So I called up my Mum who had a bit of Spring Fever and was up for an adventure. No sooner had we turned around the corner from my house and gone about 200 feet did we find this beauty. Actually my dear sweet lovely mom calmly drove by it and mentioned "oh did you notice that metal shelving on the sidewalk? Should we turn around?" Uh okay I said nonchalantly. ( I figured it was some closet shelving thinagamaging. I was thrown off by her mentioning it. I have a serious collection of metal in my basement for my glass supplies and other crap. Usually when I see anything metal at Alameda I get a serious eye roll that can be felt in San Fran. In other words I though it was gonna be a true piece of crap. You know crappy crap.)



Now some of you are saying whoppie do da. But serious metal fiends such as myself are seriously drooling. Now pick up your jaws my dear friends. Not only do the wheels on this baby make for an incredibly smooth ride, it also has other cool features. Notice the pool aqua colored bumper at the bottom, 3 adjustable shelves and adjustable little hangerthings that can be moved forward and backward and a break. Mom must have taken her meds that day because not only did she spot this lovely creature, she also spotted me the $30 bucks cash that she just happened to have on her. The story gets even better when you image the wee one hop out of the car to help me wheel this puppy home. Thank goodness we only had to cross the street twice as it was a bit loud. It was meant to be and now it and I are happy in it's new home. And a big thank you my new friends on Main St.

Sunday started quietly with some hot chocolate and bacon. I prepared myself to drop off a few bags of stuff for the local thrift store. I threw around the idea in my head to wait until next week , but my superhero powers told me no. Gotta do it. There's something to be found. So I went inside shopped around a bit. Found a great retro lamp shade for 2 bucks for my big a** flower lamps and a couple of bowl things attached to bases. Then went to deliver my goods and shazamm. What did i spy with my big brown eyes? 2 old wicker chairs and table.


I calmly asked the young gentleman their price. "Well i was just about to throw them out so you can have them for $5.99. Oh okay and how much for the table? "Uh how 'bout 2 bucks" Ran my little derriere into the store and bought them. Now I do have a bit of yardage at the beach house, but I had something else in mind. My mama's birthday is in 2 weeks. And they would fit perfectly in her courtyard by the cottage. Perfect!!!!


Ran them over to mum's said "Happy early birthday" and moved them into their new home.

Of course I couldn't resist a few artistic photos while in the courtyard.




I guess this yellow magnolia is a bit uncommon. And the wee one's headband fit in perfectly with the other foliage.






Just another fabulous junk find'in weekend. Can't wait til Alameda next weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment